Wednesday, February 03, 2010

formspring.me

What mistake or error in judgment in your life do you think, when the dust settled, provided the best opportunity to learn and grow?

Ah, so many. The first very memorable mistake from which I've learned a great deal was when I was 13. I gave, in a very public forum, to an ex-friend who betrayed my trust and caused me no small amount of grief, a beautifully wrapped can of dog food. The look on her face both before (gratitude for what she thought was forgiveness) and after (horror and humiliation) she opened the package is something I'll never forget. I have searched for her lo these many years in the hopes of absolution. It showed me what I truly am capable of when pushed but also has kept me from holding any gruges and seeking vengeance knowing how destructive it is to both victim and vigilante.

Ask me anything

No comments:

250words_150w BS_Button